- 450g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground green cardamom seeds
- 200g canned cannellini beans, drained
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 drop coconut essence (optional)
- Small pack fresh coriander, chopped
* Dairy Free
* Gluten Free
Put 300g yogurt in a bowl, add the paprika, turmeric and 4 tbsp tomato purée and mix well. Stir in the chicken, cover and marinade in the fridge for 4 hours (or overnight if possible).
Spray a medium saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, remaining tomato purée and a few tbsp water and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the beans and 450ml boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Blitz the onion mixture until smooth using a stick blender (or use a food processor and return to the pan). Stir the chicken and its marinade into the sauce and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the stock cube and coconut essence, if using, and stir through for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the coriander and remaining yogurt. Season with salt to taste and serve hot with rice and Speed vegetables.
Unlock hundreds of my recipes simply by taking the first step and getting in touch with me.